10 Views you won’t believe are from YHA Hostels
At YHA we’ve always believed in helping people to get out and explore by offering great value accommodation across England and Wales. We’re positioned in some amazing locations for you to take advantage of, so, why not have a look at some of the most beautiful views to discover at YHAs? They might just help provide that crucial inspiration for your next adventure!
1. YHA Black Sail – YHA Black Sail is YHA’s most isolated property. An outdoor adventurer’s paradise, it offers a perfect location from which to explore Ennerdale and various nearby peaks, as well as to enjoy views such as this:
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/black-sail
2. YHA Poppit Sands – South West Wales or New South Wales? With outdoor seating in settings like this, it’s hard to tell! Any list of great views from YHA properties would be incomplete without the inclusion of this beauty.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/poppit-sands
3. YHA Wye Valley – Positioned a stone’s throw from the English-Welsh border, YHA Wye Valley offers stunning views such as this one, encompassing a church, the Forest of Dean and the river itself. Stunning!
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/wye-valley
4. YHA Whitby – While this may not be from the hostel building itself, this view from the gardens of YHA Whitby shows just how close the hostel is located to Whitby Abbey, inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/whitby
5. YHA Langdale – Another special shot from the Lake District, this time from YHA Langdale. Overlooking England’s biggest lake and rested above its own arboretum, it’s a glorious spot from which to explore the Lakes.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/langdale
6. YHA Perranporth – It’s impossible to list our best views without the inclusion of at least one of our Cornish hostels. Perhaps the best view is offered at YHA Perranporth, a small hostel boasting an awesome clifftop location. Just gorgeous!
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/perranporth
7. YHA Ilam Hall – Set close to one of the Peak District’s tourist hotspots, Dovedale, YHA Ilam Hall is one of YHA’s most impressive properties and features beautiful views of the surrounding area and its limestone gorge scenery.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/ilam-hall
8. YHA Grinton Lodge – The Yorkshire Dales offer some fabulous scenery and there are few better places to enjoy thrilling landscapes than YHA Grinton Lodge. Just check this view out:
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/grinton-lodge
9. YHA Snowdon Bryn Gwynant – Again, this might not be a ‘view from’ to the truest sense of the word, but we couldn’t resist including this Welsh wonder. With awesome glimpses of Llyn Gwynant and Snowdon itself, it’s one not to miss.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/snowdon-bryn-gwynant
10. YHA Wasdale Hall – Wastwater in the Lake District was once voted Britain’s favourite view in a TV poll, and our hostel is a lakeside gem which takes full advantage. The view is breathtaking, with the lake and mountains beyond in full view.
Hostel Page: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/wasdale-hall
At GO Outdoors we’re happy to be working in partnership with YHA to bring fans of the outdoors some fantastic discounts.
Member of YHA? You get an EXTRA 10%* off in standard Discount Card prices at GO Outdoors with your membership. Partnership details
GO Outdoors Discount Card holder? You can save on your YHA hostels, camping & glamping stays using our code. Contact us online for details.